In the event the student’s loan info is unavailable within this 45 months away from disbursement, you may contact the fresh Guarantee Service, Direct Mortgage Servicing Center or the student’s college or university
30. What is Associate Accessibility Confirmation? NSLDS must protect the personally identifiable information (PII) in the database and this page allows NSLDS to detect automated users who attempt to access the system without authorization. A box will display with letters and numbers that may be slightly distorted. Follow the instructions and enter what you see in the blank box. Then, click Submit Response
32. What goes on basically are unable to understand what exactly is on box? If you have difficulty viewing the current image, click the refresh button on your internet browser for a new image to display. If you hit enter without attempting to replicate what you see, it will count as an ”attempt”. You will have three attempts to enter the image correctly in order to gain access to the data in NSLDS.
33. What goes on easily used three times and you may were not successful? The User Access Verification tool, called CAPTCHA, will lock out a user that has failed to correctly enter the image displayed after 3 attempts. This prevents unauthorized users from gaining access to the personally identifiable information (PII) in NSLDS. If you tried unsuccessfully 3 times you will receive a message that says ”You have failed the verification test. Your account has been disabled. Please contact the Customer Support Center at (800) 999-8219 for further assistance.”
34. What the results are easily are secured out of the Associate Access Verification? Your user ID will be inoperable and you will not be able to gain access to NSLDS. Call the Customer Support Center immediately at (800) 999-8219 to discuss your situation with a customer support representative. Explain what has happened. Your identity will be verified and your attempts will be evaluated to determine if you can regain access.
thirty-five. Ought i rating re-instated after becoming secured out from the Representative Accessibility Confirmation? Call the Customer Support Center immediately at (800) 999-8219. The customer support representative will verify your identity. The situation will be evaluated to determine if you can regain access.
37. Imagine if all the details in the NSLDS is actually completely wrong? You should contact the data provider included in the NSLDS record and provide them with information that assists the data provider in its investigation and possible correction of the errors. If the data provider is unable or unwilling to correct the data, contact the NSLDS Customer Support Center.
For Government Scholar Aid Member ID (FSA ID) and passwords laws and regulations, accessibility Help into Log in – National Education loan Data System page
38. Imagine if info is forgotten regarding NSLDS? Due to time lapses in reporting, the most current information may not be contained in NSLDS at the time of inquiry.
39. How can i manage backup overpayment costs advertised in order to NSLDS? We have identified a small number of duplicate overpayment debts in NSLDS. These duplicates show the same overpayment as being held by a school and also by the Department’s Debt Collection Service (DCS). They occur when the identifiers for the overpayment are not properly reported and matched. The method described below is the fastest and most efficient way to update a student’s record if he or she is being denied aid as a result of a duplicate overpayment debt.
If you discover one of them instances whenever determining qualification to own a candidate, and you are certain that the two overpayments is precisely the exact same, you can also afford the pupil Identity IV services once you’ve resolved the fresh overpayment material and the college student was otherwise eligible.